Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009


We had a lovely Thanksgiving with my Mom and brother this year. It was low key and relaxing, a perfect holiday! Thanksgiving is actually my favorite holiday. Any holiday that is about good food and enjoying time with friends and family is right up my alley. Plus it features my favorite foods...mashed potatoes and pie! David thought that making four pies for four adults and two kids was excessive but obviously he doesn't know any better. If anything it wasn't enough. Since we were left to our own devices this year we decided to eat at noon so we could put Ethan down for a nap at a reasonable time and also so we could chow down on Thanksgiving dinner all day long. Definitely a bonus! The kids loaded up on veggies and dip (more dip then veggies in Ethan's case, but Grace did eat her fair share of carrots) before eating the cran-raspberry salad and a bite of sweet potato casserole. They wouldn't touch the mashed potatoes, turkey, or cornbread stuffing. I really don't know what's wrong my kids but they don't see to like potatoes. Of course they both share my love of pie, Ethan especially so!

Mom and I set out for our Black Friday shopping fun at 6am with a goal of hitting up Target for the $3 appliances before heading to Fred Meyers. Target was a war zone and the $3 appliances were cleaned out (probably in the first 30 seconds the store was open at 5am) and the lines wrapped around to the back of the store. We were there all of five minutes before we left. Fred Meyers was a much better stop. We were there for an hour and a half and found several good deals. Not only were they well stocked but when we went to check out at 8:30am we didn't even have to stand in line. It was fantastic. We also hit up a really cool toy store near my Mom's place before we got back home at 9:30. A record for us! I was battling a cold and didn't have the energy to hit up the mall, plus I'm not sure it would have been worth it anyways.

0 comments: