Monday, August 29, 2011

Snake River Stampede Rodeo 2011

So I'm a little behind.  At least I'm working on catching up!  Tonight I finished editing all of my personal July photos (other then Grace's 6 year photo session).  That was a bunch of photos to go through!  I thought I'd share some of my favorite rodeo photos from the Snake River Stampede rodeo this year.  If you know us then you know that this isn't my kids first rodeo.  In fact even the little guy has been to more rodeos then many adults I know.  This year the kids made it to the end of the rodeo almost every night which was a big change from past years.  I think the steady supply of sugar from Opa and Oma was a big motivating factor.  Having your Opa be in charge of concessions does come with some perks, one of which is sour cotton candy.  Haven't tried that particular variety?  Well let me just warn you to stay away from the sour watermelon (seriously, heed this warning!) but the sour grape wasn't too bad. 

I have many more photos to share from our Idaho trip this year but I'll save that for another post since this one will be long enough.  Here's my favorites, bearing in mind that I only took my camera to the rodeo once and that was only to take photos of us watching the rodeo and not the rodeo itself.  I realized years ago that attempting to photograph a rodeo with a child or two on your lap is just not a good idea so I've given up trying until my children are old enough to NOT jump up and down on me.

 First up is my little cowboy.  Why yes he is wearing the exact same outfit (hat was a little snug but we made do!) as last year.  It still fits and it's cute!  And since I'm not 100% sure I actually blogged last year's rodeo photos you all don't know the difference.
And here's the rodeo princess.  Doesn't she look so grown up?  I'm still in shock she agreed to smile for me without looking like a cheeseball.

And here we are increasing the difficulty level by attempting a photo of both children at once.  Score one for Mommy with eye contact from two hard to pin kiddos!
And here we have the classic Big Sister maneuver as she "helps" me get a photo of her brother.  So sweet.
Uncle Sam and his namesake.
 
Now I'm really getting crazy with the jellybeans.  A photo involving two small children, Sam Parry, and an excitable small dog.  Somebody make me some Sploosh.  
 Daddy hanging out with us for a little bit in the stands.
Grace practiced writing her numbers by writing the cowboy's scores on the daily each night.
 The kids' first drink in a bar courtesy of Uncle Sam.  For the record, it was a Shirley Temple and was in the Rodeo Club right above the arena. 

0 comments: