Thursday, September 8, 2011

Mommy and Ethan

I was challenged to take some photos of me with my kids after reading a blog post about the "missing mom" syndrome when mom is always behind the camera.  I'm actually not that camera shy, but taking a self portrait is NOT easy!  Especially when you try to do so with a 3 year old!

So tonight Daddy and Gracie went to their first Girl Scout meeting and Ethan and I were left home.  That's happened a lot lately since school started and Grace is gone all day.  I told Ethan we could make cookies together this evening as a treat and he also wanted to make tea together.  While I was steeping the tea and in between batches of shortbread cookies I remembered my camera.  So here we are, in the midst of baking cookies in our cluttered kitchen on our dirty floor using natural light from our sliding glass door after 7pm when there's not much to be had.  But this is us, and our real life and I love them even though they are far from perfect.  The focus is off on some because Ethan was more excited about running to check behind the camera with me then staying put for me to focus on.  The first photo is actually one of my favorites and I almost deleted it because it was a mistake.  Love it anyways!

2 comments:

happley made said...

love it, especially the crumbs!

The Ugly Homemaker said...

Kellie, these are great! I love them all.