Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter 2010

I finally finished editing photos from last weekend's Easter celebration. We dyed our eggs on Saturday afternoon which the kids really enjoyed. I put down a huge stack of newspapers and made them both wear bibs before we got down and dirty. They were very patient waiting for their eggs to turn bright, though I made the mistake of buying a dye kit that didn't include the color Pink so we just fished a few eggs out of the red dye early in order to have a few pink ones. Ethan did slurp a whole spoonful of orange dye despite my repeated warnings not to. If he turns out kind of weird as a teenager at least I'll know why.

The Easter Bunny visited our house Saturday night while the kids were asleep and left them plenty of art supplies, new place mats, and recycled candy from the previous week's egg hunts. It's not that the Easter Bunny is cheap, she just doesn't think we need more random chocolate candies. They did receive one small package of Peeps and a small chocolate bunny apiece (do you know how hard it is to find a single package of Peeps and not a package of 25?!?). And the Easter Bunny is super brilliant to leave a Mommy and Daddy basket full of Mommy and Daddy candy. Mmmmmmm.

My Mom came down Sunday morning and joined us for the egg hunt and crafts before church. Somehow I forgot my camera so you'll just have to imagine it. Basically a lot of preschool kids and a bazillion plastic eggs covering the sanctuary. We have enough candy to last us until the 4th of July! After church we had a yummy Easter ham dinner and finished it with coconut cream and lemon meringue pie (because I couldn't pick just one!). We eat holiday dinners for lunch so that we don't mess with nap time and also because then we get to eat the leftovers for dinner...who passes up the chance to eat a holiday dinner twice? Not me!

I didn't get a chance to take the kids' Easter pictures before Easter and the weather didn't cooperate/I got too busy to do it this week. We'll see how next week goes, if it doesn't happen I'm not going to sweat it. I did get at least one halfway decent one of Grace, but Ethan's photo shoot was a lost cause. He had just woke up from his nap and was fussy so I bribed him with a blue sucker which he insisted on eating prior to the photos. I did get cute photos of him in his Easter shirt eating a blue sucker, but by the time he was finished it was dark and raining so that was what I got.

1 comments:

Notorious M.E.G. said...

Kellie~ I just realized your hair is getting longer!