Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!

Yeah I kind of missed posting our Fourth of July photos by a little over a month. Oops. Eventually I'll also be posting some photos of our trip to Disneyland (sans kids!) and some 30th and 5th birthday photos. And maybe some from the two separate weeks we spent in Idaho. And possibly some "plain old enjoying what little summer we actually spend at home" kind of photos. Who knows!

We spent the Fourth of July in Washington with my Uncle Brad and Aunt Rhonda. We hadn't been to their house since before we had kids so we were definitely due for a visit! My cousin Tyler graduated high school this June and his graduation party was July 3rd so we were able to score two parties in one weekend. We're party animals!

The badminton net was set up for the weekend and saw a lot of action. Mostly from Ethan because as you all know that boy is obsessed with any and all sports. He held a racket in his hand the entire time he wasn't eating/sleeping/throwing fireworks and he slept with the birdie. I'm not sure this child is really mine.

He's pretty cute so I guess I'll keep him even though he keeps making me play sports with him. Leave it to me to have a son that loves sports when I'm as nonathletic as can be.

The Mofield family take fireworks very seriously. The air is smokey from about 10am until the next day and you better like loud booms. For Ethan this didn't pose much of a problem. He eyed the fireworks bonanza on the table with great interest and took to Snaps like a fish to water. He went through I don't know how many boxes with great gusto.

Grace on the other hand does not like loud noises. At all. She refused to participate or watch the fireworks activity all day. Even purple smoke bombs which don't make a noise and feature one of her favorite colors. I did force her outside once in the afternoon to watch a few smoke bombs but she kept her hands over her ears and went back inside after about five minutes. I even handed the camera off to David and not only got a photo of myself that weekend, but a four generation photo! That's me, my daughter, my mom, and my grandma all sitting about fifty feet away from some smoke bombs and snakes action.

When the "real" fireworks show started that evening Ethan was very happy to watch and even tried a sparkler with Daddy's help. Grace holed up in the house with Great Grandma until I convinced her to come outside wrapped in a blanket in Daddy's lap. It didn't take too long for her to decide that the big booms were worth it to see the pretty sparkly fireworks in the sky. By the end of the night she was even dancing around the driveway so there went the timid "too scared to watch fireworks" act.

0 comments: