Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I think we're allergic to the Oscars

The 9th Annual Oscar Party was a success, and I promise I'll write about it later. Like, maybe next week. Why? Because a terrible plague has descended upon our house for the second year in a row following the Oscar Party. I'm starting to think we're allergic. Last year Ethan and I had the stomach bug from hell while David was out of town. Convenient. Well this year David got most of the puke clean up duty so I suppose it all evened out.

This morning when I woke the kids up to get ready for MOPS I discovered that Ethan had dried puke stuck to his face and hair and all over his sheets. Just the sort of thing I love to discover on mornings where I have to be somewhere by 8am. I was 10 minutes late due to the necessity to bathe my puke crusted 2 year old. Since Ethan was acting fine and the puking had obviously happened earlier I decided to leave Ethan at home with David and I took Grace to MOPS. I foolishly gave Ethan applesauce for breakfast which he threw up a little before I left, but I got him changed into clean clothes and left hoping for the best. Unfortunately he threw up four more times for David which required a few more clothing changes and added quite a few blankets and towels to the laundry pile. David can handle watching a sick child while he's working, but an actively puking child is a whole different ball game. So I finished up the ice breaker at MOPS, wolfed down the rest of my breakfast, grabbed Grace from her class, and headed home.

Naturally, Ethan was done puking by the time I got home, but it wasn't too long before I discovered David napping under a blanket on the office futon. Not good. Turns out David rather suddenly started feeling sick right after lunch. I've been feeling slightly under the weather for a few days, kind of that pre-cold feeling but this afternoon it's ramped up to Officially Feeling Yucky. Not nearly as bad as last year, but enough that I'm starting to worry about the trip to Denver that David and I are supposed to be making Friday morning.

If you don't see me before next week you now know why.

2 comments:

Niki said...

fingers crossed for a speedy recovery, guys!!

Notorious M.E.G. said...

Boy, I feel for you. I have been under the weather since Saturday, & it is not fun!