Friday, June 25, 2010

"Downtown" Photo Shoot with Grace


I did a "downtown" photo shoot with Grace this afternoon which was actually a lot of fun. Usually taking photos of Grace really tries my patience but when I get a chance to photograph her one on one she does pretty well. Especially with ice cream as a motivator. Never underestimate the power of Dairy Queen as a bribe.

Grace wore her pretty dress that my mother in law sewed for her last week and I hauled the super heavy 70-200 lens with me downtown. I had a specific alley in mind to use and it happened to have perfect lighting and plenty of space for me to work with a long zoom. I'm not used to posing my kids other then plopping them on a stool to keep them still so it took us a little bit to get in the zone. Once we got going Grace did a great job posing for me and seemed to enjoy herself!

I've had an obsession with mary janes for a long time. I LOVE them! Which probably explains why I really like this photo. It was totally worth laying on the nasty pavement.

After about 20 minutes she was all done so we headed to Dairy Queen and split a small pink blizzard.

Lest you think that I forgot about Ethan this week I thought I'd mention that pretty Ethan photos will hopefully be coming soon. He just got a haircut tonight that he desperately needed. Now that he looks like a little man again I'll attempt some nice photos. In the mean time, here he is in all his shaggy glory. Please note that I did not choose any of his attire today and the cowboy boots were a garage sale score from this morning that he refused to take off. I promise he'll be wearing something that at least matches for his nice photo shoot!

1 comments:

Aly sun said...

Fun photoshoot pictures. I love the warm light.