Thursday, June 10, 2010

Grace's Homemade Wrapping Paper

Today we bought and wrapped my husband's Father's Day presents from the kids. Grace decided to color kraft paper and make her own wrapping paper for her present. First she drew our family. Daddy is red, I am blue, Grace is purple, and Ethan is green. You can kind of see Grandma in the yellow to the left. Opa and Oma are over there too. Boo and Zoe were drawn after this photo was taken. Notice that I have orange eyelashes and green shoes. I think I look pretty good.

Then she decided to draw flowers. I admire flowers though I'm not really a gardener. I always point out pretty flowers to the kids as we pass them and share their names so they know the difference between a hydrangea and a daffodil. Hey, I try. So as she drew the flowers Grace matter of factly told me about them. This is a Bodangia flower. I've never heard of this variety either.

This is a Cinderella flower.

This is an Ariel flower. Can't you tell with all the green, red, and purple? So obvious.

She also told me about a Drapes flower but she wasn't sure what color it was. She finally decided it must be yellow, orange, and green but she never drew me one. The finished product looked like this:

I'm pretty sure that Daddy knows exactly what he's getting from the kids because they are the World's Worst Secret Keepers. Good thing he was voted Best Actor Third Period in high school, his acting skills will come in handy!

5 comments:

Niki said...

Did she draw Dave with a bow tie on?!?!?

KimJ said...

Like Mother, Like Daughter - your drawings started just like this! Love you.

Ariel Wilson said...

There's a flower named after me? Haha :)

Danielly LeFaith said...

Very beautiful. Forgive me the question, what is the problem more than it has in the eye? Accompany your photos some time, and got a little embarrassed to ask.
Your pictures are really perfect, you're a professional. Congratulations.

kitchu said...

what a brilliant idea for wrapping paper! with dad's bday next week, i will have to try this with our girl!