Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Grace's First Day of Kingergarten

It seems like it wasn't that long ago when we were sending Grace off to her first day of preschool last September and today we reached the huge milestone of sending her off to her first day of kindergarten! We've been preparing for today for the last week or two, trying to move our wake up time from 8:30am to before 7am in order to make it to school by 8am. This is going to be a huge adjustment for me since it's been over five years since I've had to be anywhere at a set time on a daily basis!

I made sure to take five minutes this morning for a quick photo session outside in the cold with Grace and her spiffy first day of school outfit and new backpack. It was a little chilly today but we stuck with our planned on outfit anyways and she looked pretty cute if I do say so myself! She hates the denim skirt because it's blue but likes the "silly socks" and the argyle. She chose her hairstyle and princess fairy hair barrette. I also told her she can pick her outfits for the rest of the week, I just really wanted her to wear this one today!

All four of us walked Grace to school this morning and we made it just on time. Daddy helped Grace put her school supplies in the correct bins and then we helped her find a cubby for her coat and backpack and we said goodbye and left. Not surprisingly it was Ethan who cried and had the hardest time leaving. Grace was more then okay for us to leave and David and I are excited for her. Ethan wanted to stay and go to kindergarten too, the poor thing has a long three year wait. I hope those three years last forever because when he starts school I AM going to cry!

Ethan and I picked her up this morning at 10:30 and she told us all about the dinosaur dance and a song she learned. She brought home a picture she colored of me and a ton of paperwork for me to fill out. She seems to have had a good time and is excited to go back tomorrow and meet all of her classmates (only the second half of the alphabet were there today). I hope this is the start of a great 13+ years of school!


3 comments:

Dana said...

She looks so grown up! Glad her first day went well!

Ariel Wilson said...

Her eye looks amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm a new follower and LOVEEE your blog. I also LOVE her outfit here... good thing she listened to her mom ;) I have such fond memories of elementary school... I got so excited for my little man looking at these pictures, and we've got a while! {He's just seven months... lol!}