Friday, February 5, 2010

Cubbies, Popcorn, and Naps

I haven't posted here in awhile, probably because I've been sharing a photo a day on my Project 365 blog. I don't want to repeat it here and now I've been neglecting sharing what's going on with our family. So here's a small catch up.

Since I've had the camera out more often I've been getting more spontaneous and even more mundane moments. I found myself taking photos of Ethan as he settled down for his afternoon nap one day this week. I figure that the time will come sooner then I'm ready for when afternoon naps will be a thing of the past and I want to remember how sweet he is when he snuggles in with his multitude of stuffed animals and babies. His current crib cohort includes: Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore, Baby Boy, Blue Baby, Purple Baby, Pink Baby, Mickie Mouse, two Elmos, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, and Ernie. Oh, and he also insists on having the baby cradle's pillow and blankie in the crib for his babies as well. There's really very little room for Ethan after he stacks his babies up next to him!

And then we have Grace at Cubbies. She's been doing a very good job memorizing her verses this year. We had a difficult start in the fall but now she's got it down pat. They earn patches every month or so and I always ask if she wants Ethan and I to watch the Awards Ceremony and she always says yes. As you can tell by the second photo, she was very happy we were there! I can't believe that I won't have a Cubbie next year. Grace will be a Sparkie (yikes!) and Ethan won't be 3 by September.

And this last photo was taken last night after dinner. Ethan finished his dinner first (actually he inhaled it!) so he got to pick a movie to watch for Movie Night. He chose Veggie Tales. Once Grace finished her dinner (halfway through the movie...it was a struggle!) they earned the right for popcorn. David took a break from his busy work day to watch Veggie Tales with the kids and when they both curled up on his lap with the popcorn bowl I couldn't help but get some photos. Aren't my guys sweet?

0 comments: