Saturday, December 13, 2008

Annual Toe Freezing....errrr.....Holiday Lights Parade!


It's that time of year again...our fifth year attending the Salem Holiday Lights Parade! Each year we've attended we gain a little more insight on how to make the experience even better. Over time we've added blankets, hot chocolate, cookies, the red wagon, mittens, sweaters over multiple layers, pajamas as long underwear and so forth. So far we've got the whole thing down pretty well other then I cannot seem to find a way to keep my toes from going numb no matter how many pairs of socks I put on. I'm thinking I may have to suck it up and find my old snow boots somewhere in the garage for next year and wear them no matter how unfashionable they may be. Hopefully my cute red hat will offset the ugly snow boots!

This year we were joined by our friends James and Jessi, my brother Brian, our friends Matt and Lauren, and our pastor Jeremy and his daughter Miriam. The girls had lots of fun watching the parade together and Ethan was remarkably easy. He sat for the entire parade and watched it all go by, only crying once when some motorcycles revved up a little too loud for his poor little ears. I was pretty surprised he sat so still and was so happy in one spot. Grace at this age would have been all over the place!

0 comments: