Monday, December 1, 2008

Turkey Weekend Fun


We had a fun turkey weekend with my Mom and brother, my Uncle Brad & Aunt Rhonda, and my grandparents up in Portland. We drove up Tuesday night so we could visit a little on Wednesday and got to see Quantum of Silence which was pretty good. My Uncle Brad and Aunt Rhonda made it to my Mom's house Wednesday evening and Grace made a friend for life with my cousin Randi. She thinks Randi is IT! Both my cousins are great with kids and Tyler toted Ethan all over on his shoulders despite the constant slime trail.

Thanksgiving dinner was super tasty and we all ate very well. Ethan really loved the stuffing and Grace liked the cranberry raspberry jello salad. I was shocked when she willingly ate cauliflower and broccoli without dip. Maybe it's a good thing the turkey took a little longer then anticipated since otherwise I'm sure she wouldn't have given all the veggies a shot! She also liked the pie, and just like her Mommy she had a piece of all four flavors! She kept eating the pieces I gave her and asking for more and I'm certainly not going to deny her pie. Far from it!

It was also fun to play a couple of our board games this weekend. We brought Ticket to Ride and Alhambra and Randi played both of them with us and won the first round of Ticket to Ride!

My Mom, Aunt Rhonda, Grandma, and I planned our shopping strategies late Thanksgiving afternoon before deciding to start at Fred Meyers at 6am. We hit the half off sock sale and got some other good deals before heading to the Town Center and then across the street to the Promenade where we eventually wound up at the Olive Garden for lunch. Man were we hungry for soup, salad, and breadsticks after 6 hours of hard core shopping! We even went shopping again Saturday morning because we're crazy like that. It was fun and I'm really glad I got to go since it's been several years since I've had willing partners.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this pic it looks like Grace ate all of those pies and has this ohhhhhhh my belly hurts look on her face. Nice Job!!