Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Fourth Birthday Gracie!


Today my little girl turns four years old and I can hardly believe it. Most days it feels like I've been on this parenting journey forever and it's crazy to think that it's really only been four years. So much has happened in the past four years. She's learned to sit up, crawl, walk, run, jump, and dance. She taught me the patience required for a nursing relationship to survive 16 months, has always thought peas are disgusting, loves to eat garlic bread and red grapes, and has the same raging sweet tooth as her mother. She's mastered potty training, sleeping in a big girl bed, climbing to the top of the play structure at the park, and how to ride her red tricycle. I still can't believe she starts kindergarten in a year, I'm nowhere near ready!

Grace is a very sweet little girl with a very big sweet tooth. She loves ice cream, candy, chocolate, cookies, and anything sweet. I have no idea where she could have learned that!

It's fun to watch Grace's personality develop and see how alike and different we are. My daughter doesn't have a shy bone in her body which is a big departure from her parents. She has no fear of strangers and has no problem playing by herself and keeping herself occupied. I'm thrilled to see her confidence and hope that we can foster that trait in her.

We have her party this afternoon at the park and she's really looking forward to it. I'll post pictures of it later!

2 comments:

Natalie Whisler said...

Happy Birthday Grace!!!!

Aly sun said...

Beautiful pictures of Grace. Birthdays are such a blessing for us moms as we think back over the years.