Thursday, July 9, 2009

They Say It's My Birthday

Today is my birthday and so far it's been a very good day. I have an iphone on order (!) and I got the Twilight books from David and the kids which I'm super excited about. I've also got enough money scraped together to buy a used flash for my camera which I'm also excited about, though not completely birthday related! I'm stalking several on Ebay right now, hoping to catch one in my price range. I brought the kids to Salem this morning to ride the carousal and hit up Kmart for their big toy clearance. I scored a Fisher Price Little People Construction Set for Ethan for $5 which I'll put away until his birthday. We met up with my brother at Muchas Gracias and had a nice birthday lunch before I headed home. We went through West Salem on the way home to use our free car wash coupon we got in the mail last week because our car desperately needed it. Now we're home, Ethan is napping, and Grace and I are relaxing. I'm not sure what our plans tonight will be but if all else fails there are still two pieces of cherry pie which will work just fine.

Birthdays have a different feel to them after you become a parent. At least they do for me. I know that when my kids have a birthday I definitely think about the day they were born, being in labor, and that fabulous moment when I finally held them for the first time. It's amazing how fast time goes by to realize that the tiny baby is now the child blowing out birthday candles! So now I think about my Mom and what my birthday means to her. Thanks for all the hard work giving birth to me Mom, now that I've done it twice myself I know how hard you worked to get me here!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Kellie! I hope it was a great one...it sounds like you had a fun day.

Jan Holt said...

Happy Birthday! Can't wait to hear if you like that iphone. I'm craving one.

KimJ said...

You, My Dear, are more than worth every minute of labor (many hours!) it took to bring you into this world. You bring me so much joy, I consider myself blessed to call you my daughter. God bless your day today and the year ahead. Love you Lots, Mom

Peters Family Farms said...

Happy Birthday!!!

(same day as my #2)