Monday, July 13, 2009

Playground in our very own Backyard!


Our friends Seth and Julie offerred us their hand-me-down child swing set (they received it from another family in our neighborhood) and a little over a week ago David and my father in law hauled it around the block to our backyard. We surprised the kids with it the next morning and they immediately ran out in their pajamas to try it out. Needless to say, it's been a hit!

The swing set has two regular swings and one double swing (what are those called?). Ethan can't figure out how to sit on the regular swing but loves to climb up on the double swing and push the other swings around. Grace wants nothing to do with learning how to swing by herself and asks me to push her endlessly. I do have a stopping point and then we all crash in the grass in the little shade we can find (if it happens to be late afternoon, our usual outside time). Occasionally I'll pull out the sidewalk chalk or the kids will pick me wild daisies growing in the weeds behind our yard. Mostly we just enjoy the fresh air and cool grass.

I just noticed that Grace has her shoes on the wrong foot. You'd think that she'd get her shoes on the right foot 50% of the time but it seems like she puts them on the wrong foot much more often. Why is that? And Ethan is barefoot because the kid has developed a severe case of "can't stand shoes or socks" itis. I hope he's cured by the time winter arrives!

1 comments:

Aly sun said...

Ooh fun! It is really nice to have something in your own yard for kids to play on. Entertainment is beautiful.