Thursday, August 6, 2009

Gracie Grew!

Yesterday was Grace's 4 year pediatrician appointment which went well even though it concluded with three shots in her leg. The first thing they did was weigh and measure her and then they tried to do a vision and hearing screening. She wasn't really cooperating with the vision test and I told them she had just been to the eye doctor a few months ago so they didn't get too far in that one and she didn't cooperate for the hearing test either but we're pretty sure she hears just fine. She just seems to have normal selective hearing. You know, not hearing me when I tell her to do something or to quit bugging her brother! She also got to have her blood pressure checked for the first time. They described it as giving her a hug which worked to make her less nervous. She decided it felt funny but didn't hurt.

I really like our pediatrician and she had nothing but good things to say about Grace. Grace loves to talk and she chatted her up until Dr. Farah said she got a 110% in personality! At the end of the visit Grace got 3 shots in her legs which she didn't like but survived. She did say the one still hurt this morning which I expected since the Tetanus shot does hurt! They gave me the dTap right after I gave birth to Ethan which was terrible timing on their part. Of course I was pretty sore already so I guess it didn't make a lick of difference. Ethan saw that Grace got an owie and gave her two hugs. It was so sweet, makes me glad to know that they do really care about each other!

Here's Grace's stats:
30.6 lbs 10th percentile (up from 26lbs and 5th percentile last year!)
38" tall 20th percentile (up from 35.25", same percentile)

I knew she had grown because I'm buying size 4's for her for next fall/winter and I haven't bought her age in clothing since she was tiny! Last year I was buying 2T for her for heavens sakes. What a difference a year makes!

2 comments:

Sarah's Smile said...

Wow! Grace and Wade are essentially the same size! He is 30 lbs and 37 inches! She's a tiny one!

Natalie Whisler said...

Yay for growth! Sounds like she is putting at least a few of those sweet treats that she loves to good use ;) Gabriella will also be in a 4 this fall/winter. Maybe a few 5s in shirts (she is a long waisted girly.)