Friday, August 14, 2009

Where is this month going to?!?


I apologize for my lack of blogging lately. Seems that the more I take photos and edit for clients the less I do of my own kids! And it's not that I haven't taken any pictures of them, because I most definitely have. It's that I just don't feel like editing 200 pictures at a time. Especially after I forgot to switch from RAW to JPG for about a hundred photos which requires a lot more editing. Oops. So the pictures I'm sharing are all barely edited, and for that I'm sure you'll forgive me.

So what have we been up to? Lots! We've been buying/selling the kids' fall/winter clothes on Ebay (only one more package left to go!), I've done two photo shoots, we've had a zillion doctor/dentist appointments, have played in the kiddie pool outside a bunch, and have been suffering from Poison Oak. At least Grace and I have, though she's definitely got it worse. Speaking of Poison Oak, I think Grace is starting to look a little better, though it always looks better in the morning before she spends all day scratching it when I'm not looking. Poor thing! I hope it goes away soon. The couple small spots I have of it makes me want to climb up the wall so I can only imagine how terrible it is for her.

Yesterday we spent 10 hours away from home running misc. errands and visiting my Aunt Karie at my Dad's place in Vancouver. She only visits every year or two (she lives in France) and so I wanted to make sure we got to visit! On the way up we detoured through Newburg to sell some toys to a lady on Craigslist (cleaned out toys a week ago!) and then stopped at my Mom's house to pick up my brother so we could visit our Aunt Karie together. We visited for almost two hours before Ethan was cashed so we dropped off Brian in Damascus and drove to the Washington Square Mall in Tigard. Ethan got about an hour nap in the car by the time we got there and my two little shoppers did just great. In fact they did super! Grace was so funny shopping, it was hilarious to watch. Despite the fact that I had a $10 gift card to Gap, a $20 merchandise credit for Janie & Jack, and a coupon for Naartjie we didn't buy a thing. Instead we drove down to Keizer (through nasty rush hour I-5 traffic!) where we did buy a bunch of stuff. David gave me a list of stuff he needed at Staples for a presentation on Monday, plus I found some laminate sheets for the MOPS nametags I'm making, and the paper shredder that was a steal. We also stopped by Lowe's to check on door prices (office remodel project in the works), Michaels (where I think I bought everything I need to make the MOPS centerpieces!), and Petco as a treat for the kids for behaving through all those stores. By that time it was 6:30 and we were all hungry so we stopped at McDonalds and I let Grace play on the play structure which is a big treat. Then we came home and I let them stay up until Daddy got home at 8:30. I'm still really impressed they behaved so well!

This afternoon we're leaving for our first family camping trip with our friends James & Jessi which will be fun. I'm still in the midst of packing, with a grocery trip in the works for this morning after I get a shower. I haven't been car camping since I was 12 and that trip involved a bear, some snow, and a honeymoon suite. It will be hard to top it!

0 comments: