Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The laptop is fixed...and yet not really.

I was thrilled to hear Zoe bark up a storm when the DHL guy rang the doorbell this afternoon because it meant that our laptop was finally here! Of course once we got it up and running we discovered that the display was all wrong and we couldn't seem to fix it. So I called Dell and sat on the phone for an HOUR with a very nice Indian guy while he took control of the computer and discovered I was not a crazy woman. He did some research and discovered that the LCD screen was not replaced with the same kind of screen and so the awful resolution we currently have is the best we can get. At first he said we'd need to mail the laptop in to be fixed again and I confess I did not have very happy thoughts at that point. No not happy at all. When he came back from hold again he said he could send an on site technition to replace the LCD screen with the True to Life (aka much better resolution) LCD screen in 48 hours. I don't know why it's ok for them to do so now after being repeatedly told they could NOT send someone the first time but I am in no way arguing or bringing up that point.

I'm hoping to catch up on blogging here soon. Lots to talk about! Ethan turned 11 months old, Indoor Park has started, MOPS has started, and Grace had her first ballet class today. I even have video of precious 3-5 year olds doing ballet for you all to enjoy. So check back soon!

1 comments:

Peters Family Farms said...

My experience with Dell has been good... but with a large dose of patience on my part! I'm looking forward to your catching up!