Thursday, September 18, 2008

Legal Fingerpainting and One Happy Cubbie!


As you may remember, Grace "finger painted" her Opa and Oma's guest bedroom back in July. Well Grace received some finger paints as a birthday gift from a friend and yesterday was the first day I was brave enough to let her try finger painting out....in a highly controlled setting! She had to have her hair tied back completely out of her face, she had to wear her big bib, and we set out the vinyl "arts and crafts" tablecloth and we were ready to go. I let her use two colors at a time so she could experiment with mixing colors which she only did with some coaxing. She really liked finger painting (no surprise there!) and I'm sure we'll be doing it more often now that I know it can be done without a disasterous mess.

Her finished masterpieces:


Last night was AWANAS and while we got there late (it starts at 6:30 and I thought it started at 7pm!) Grace still joined in without hesitation and seemed to have fun. I strapped Ethan to my back in my mei tai and worked on organizing the MOPS closet while Grace joined the 3-4 year old Cubbies. When I picked her up at 8pm she was happily playing with play dough and was super excited about her new Cubbie vest. She was sooooo excited about it I had to take a picture to capture her joy! I'm not so sure she'll be very good at memorizing her verses but she does like to look at the Cubbies book. I'm sure she'll catch on to verse memorization eventually, especially when she sees the other kids reciting their verses and earning stickers. Never underestimate the power of a sticker reward.

1 comments:

simplykersh said...

Cubbies is great, and thanks for helping to organize some of the MoPS stuff!