Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's Pie Time!


I'm a big fan of pie. I absolutely love to make and eat pie so I usually volunteer for pie baking duties on Thanksgiving. This year I'm making two pumpkin pies, an apple pie, and a cherry pie. Yesterday Grace and I made a pumpkin pie for David to bring to work with him and it just about killed us not to eat any. Grace had her little heart set on eating that pie and I confess that I would have liked to have dug in with her! This morning she helped me make two more pumpkin pies before losing interest. I measure out the ingredients and she dumps them in and helps me stir. I couldn't talk her into helping me out with the pat-in-the-pan crust recipe I used for the pumpkin pies even when I told her it was just like playdough. She wrinkled her nose and told me it was NOT playdough and that was the end of her pie making. While the pumpkin pies baked in the oven I put the apple pie together and rolled out the pastry for the cherry pie as well. After a frantic freezer search I realized that I had sent David to work with a cool whip container full of cherries and not the cool whip he needed for the pumpkin pie! So I have the pastry made but not enough cherries to make the pie. I'll have to bring the cherries and pie pastry with us up to Portland tonight and finish the pie up at my Mom's tonight or tomorrow morning. Whoops!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pumpkin pie went very quickly here at work. Thanks Kellie and Grace!