Friday, November 14, 2008

Ode to my Diaper Bag


I love my diaper bag. I bought it with Christmas money the first Christmas after Grace was born and I haven't looked back. Yes it was expensive. No I generally don't spend so much on myself. But it was Christmas money and with Christmas money you can splurge on something you wouldn't ordinarily spend so much on. And thus, despite all of the teasing from David, I bought my Fleurville Sling Tote. It was totally worth it. I love that it's easy to get into and rummage around in, that it has a pocket just for my stuff, holds enough gear to keep two children reasonably occupied and clean for a day at a time, and even attaches to my stroller so I don't have to carry it. It's really a workhorse.

These days I no longer have to carry diapers for two children, and I've even stopped carrying extra clothes for either child. Instead I carry two sippy cups, two snack containers, lots more snacks, a cloth diaper that's used for wiping noses/mopping up spit up/cleaning "accidents"/and wiping crumbs off faces, a plastic grocery sack for any soiled clothing that might need to come home, and all sorts of other goodies depending on the situation. I still love the print and that it doesn't scream "diaper bag!" since I carry it on the rare occasion I leave the house without the kids. I've received more compliments on my bag then I can count and people are usually shocked to find out it's a diaper bag. In fact I'm not so sure I'll be ready to give up my bag once my kids are both out of diapers.

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

I am pretty sure I've even complimented the beautiful bag. I love a splurge that proves to be totally worth it.

jackie goddard said...

i had no problem carrying it at the sisters rodeo because it is so stylish!