Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Typical Tuesday


It's a typical Tuesday at the Parry House. This morning the kids and I slept in a little after their late bedtime last night and attempt to night wean Ethan (thus lost sleep!). We sluggishly got ready for the day and managed to get to Walmart for the van's oil change by a little after 10am. After wandering the Walmart aisles for 30 minutes or so we paid for the oil change and swung by the library to drop off a big load of books and pick up the 8th book to the series I'm devouring. I forgot the library is closed on Tuesdays and it was pretty dissapointing to realize I will have to wait until tomorrow to get my hands on that book!

We ended our morning errands at Safeway where we did our weekly grocery shopping. I had already planned out the week's menus and had my budgeted list in hand. I attempted to put Ethan in the grocery cart "car" with Grace and some Cheezits which didn't work out so well. Grace pushed Ethan and he pulled her hair. Bringing children to the grocery store is always such a joy. I came in $.86 under my planned for budget even with a few extra additions I forgot I needed. I loaded up on baking goods since Safeway has good prices on baking basics and offered a $5 coupon if you spend $20. So for $20 I got two bags of flour, two bags of sugar, two bags of brown sugar, two bags of powdered sugar, vegetable oil, and four cake mixes. Not too shabby AND I got a coupon.

After unloading and putting the groceries away, making lunch, and putting Ethan down for a nap I started on the laundry for the day. Today I'm doing all the towels in the house and folded a ginormous pile of laundry. I find that it's much easier to fold laundry while Ethan naps since it's an excercise in patience to attempt to fold clothes and keep them folded if he's around to "help". While I folded clothes Grace busily decorated her princess notebook with her princess crayons and stickers and then proceeded to work on filling her Snap n Style doll's bag with all manner of pink and purple toys. She loves to collect pink and purple toys in bags for some reason.

David is working from home today which means he's wearing pajama pants and taking 300 meetings on the phone. The kids' folded laundry is still spread on the floor since I don't want to wake Ethan from his nap to put it away. Both the dog and the cat are snoozing on the couch, and Grace is wearing her Cinderella costume and shoes which is something she does every day. It really wouldn't do to not spend part of the day dressed up as a princess.

So there you have it. A typical Tuesday for the Parry Family.

1 comments:

Aly sun said...

Just another day in paradise. The frenzied, but well thought out shopping trip and laundry bandits sounds so familiar.

PS Missed you at the GYMborree. It was pretty fun.