Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ethan is Two Today!


I can hardly believe my baby boy turned two today. It really doesn't seem like enough time has passed from that exhausting night of labor with him until now. Has it really been two years? Really?

Ethan is an absolute delight and I love him to pieces. He has the most infectious smile with matching expressive eyes. He is easily entertained and even now during this "No" phase his default demeanor is Happy. It's really hard to take his constant "No's" seriously when he's so gosh darn happy and does what I ask him to.

Ethan's favorite thing in the world is balls. Particularly basketballs, and yes he does know the difference. His short attention span does not apply to playing or watching basketball. The two hours he spent quietly watching basketball last Sunday attest to that! I knew he'd enjoy seeing the big boys play basketball but I never thought he'd actually sit still through it all.

Ethan watches all of us very carefully and copies what we do in an effort to be Big like us. He mostly copies Grace, but I find him copying Mommy and Daddy as well. Since he mostly copies his sister he often carries a purse to the car like she does. There is nothing cuter then a little boy with a pink purse slung over his shoulder and dragging along the ground as he toddles after his big sister!

I'm not sure how many little boys care what they wear but Ethan has already started voicing his opinion on the matter. He most definitely prefers shirts with balls on them and of those shirts he most likes his basketball shirts. He has two right now, though the short sleeve one is almost too small. He stands in front of his side of the closet and points up yelling "ball!" to tell me what he wants to wear. He also insists on choosing his own socks. I usually find 3 or 4 pairs that will match his shirt and let him pick from that. He is very deliberate in choosing his socks. It's really pretty funny.

His pediatrician's appointment is next Monday so I'll have all his stats then. I'm pretty sure he's grown and I'm guessing he's around 24-25lbs. He wears 18-24 tops to get the arms long enough (it's time for long sleeves!) and a mix of 12-18 and 18-24 bottoms depending on how long they are and how adjustable the waist is. We love adjustable waists. He's wearing a size 5/6ish shoe. I think most of his shoes are 6's right now with room to grow. He's also in a size 4 diaper and probably won't move on to the size 5's before he potty trains. Grace didn't either.

Happy Birthday to my little guy! I love you!


A few (ha!) favorite photos of Ethan this past year:







1 comments:

Natalie Whisler said...

Happy Birthday Ethan!