Saturday, October 17, 2009

Ladybug in the Lillies


We were playing outside a week or two ago (or more accurately, I was trying to pull weeds/clean up the lillies while the kids played in the gravel) when I found a ladybug resting on a leaf. I called the kids over and helped Grace hold the ladybug on her hand. She loves ladybugs and was in seventh heaven as the ladybug climbed all over her hand and arm. Ethan wanted nothing to do with touching the ladybug but was very interested in watching the ladybug crawl all over his sister. Eventually the ladybug had enough of us and flew off, a far happier outcome then the last time we found a ladybug while playing in the gravel. That poor ladybug got tired and needed to "sleep".





As a side note, I really like the new Halloween theme I put up on the blog this afternoon. What do you guys think?

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

I like the new slightly frightening blog theme. Looks great! I love how clean your children are when they play outside. What is the secret?

Cooking with Big E said...

Alysun~ I believe the secret to photos of clean children is Photoshop. That and the fact that Grace has a healthy fear of dirt!

In all honesty I *did* photoshop out some food or who knows what off her shirt in the close up pictures. I don't usually do that but in this instance it distracted me.