Saturday, May 22, 2010

Jiu Jitsu!

I tagged along with David to his Jiu Jitsu class in Corvallis one night in February and brought my camera along with me by his request. Since the class was in a school gym at night the lighting wasn't super so my photos turned out better in b/w in my opinion. It was fun to watch and see what David has been doing every Wednesday and Thursday night since September. Apparently the guys in his class have been asking to see the photos I took ever since February so today I finally got around to editing them. I thought I'd share some of them here so you can all see what fun can be had in a smelly gym with sweaty guys grappling each other. Or something like that.

Remember when David started last fall? Well he just earned his second stripe and his goal is to be a blue belt by the end of the year.

Here he is watching the action.

Is that a smile? Yeah I think he's having fun.

The guys in the white gis were easier to photograph.

David on top. His hair is getting a bit mussed.

Rolling with each other in practice. I had to keep an eyeball out for body parts flying my way...these guys can move pretty quick!

0 comments: