Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Super Safeway Score!

I haven't posted much about my couponing on this blog in awhile but I thought that today's second trip to Safeway deserved a post because I made $4.79 by buying $49.92 worth of groceries. Read that again if you didn't get it the first time because it just might blow your mind. I came home with $49.92 worth of groceries for $3.21 out of pocket and catalinas for $8 off my next Safeway purchase (which will be tomorrow for more cereal!) so I actually earned money by shopping. I love it when couponing makes me money!

What did I buy? I bought 4 boxes of Kashi cereal, 2 Scrubbing Bubbles Cleaners, 2 Scrubbing Bubbles Cleaners Refills, and 5 pieces of candy. The candy was a treat for my kids because we made a zillion stops at stores today and I needed a bribe to get them to not scream like banshees because I made them go to Safeway twice today. That was money well spent. It's also why only two candy bars are pictured...the other three were consumed on the way home!

Here's how it broke down:

(4) boxes of Kashi Cereal $2 each when you buy 4 or $8
(3) $1.50/1 Vocal Point coupons (you should definitely look into signing up with Vocal Point for their awesome coupons!)
(1) FREE box of Kashi Vocal Point Coupon (this cashier gave me the full price amount $4.49 back...YMMV!)
(3) Safeway doublers for $1.50
Total: $I made $2.49!

(2) Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-a-Clean Starter Sprayers $6.99 or $13.98
(2) $5/1 Coupon found HERE
(1) Safeway doubler for $.50
Total OOP: $3.48
Earned $3 catalina for buying each one which means I really made $2.52!

(2) Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-a-Clean Refills $3.50 or $7
(2) FREE refill when you buy a starter Coupon found HERE
Total OOP: FREE
Earned $1 catalina for buying each one which means I made $2!

The candy wasn't a super fantastic deal nor did I use a coupon, but it did make the kids happy. The candy cost $2.22 for four candy bars and a box of Nerds (ick).

0 comments: