Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothers Day and a Birthday


Today is my mother in law's birthday and we had the pleasure of having her visit us the past few days including Mothers Day. On Saturday my mother in law, Grace, and I joined my Mom at her church's Mothers & Others Tea which was a lot of fun. I was pretty lucky to be there with both my moms and daughter! We celebrated both my mother in law's birthday and Mothers Day Sunday evening with a super fantastic barbecued salmon dinner. We even made a lemon cake with lemon frosting that afternoon which we enjoyed after dinner. Grace sprinkled.

I'm pretty fortunate to have a mother in law that I really like and enjoy spending time with. I hear horror stories from other women and I thank my lucky stars that I have such a great mother in law! She raised two pretty nice boys and they both think she's pretty special. So do I. Happy Birthday and we're so glad you were able to visit!

It wouldn't have been Mothers Day without an attempt to get photos with my children. It is after all, the one day a year my husband attempts to take a photo of me and my children. This year it didn't go so well. This photo pretty much sums it up:

He did manage to get a few photos of me with my kids individually though. I'll take what I can get.


Ethan didn't want to sit with me at all and was much happier sitting on Grandma or Oma's lap. Apparently on Mothers Day I'm chopped liver.

Please note that a good majority of this photos were not taken by me but by my darling husband. He will want you all to know that when he was a senior in high school his photography teacher told him to major in Photography because he's very good. He doesn't like to show off his skills very often, and I'm starting to wonder if he's telling me stories. If he's able to get an in focus photo of me looking like a million bucks with two happy smiling children I will humbly bow down to his superior skills.

0 comments: