Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Strawberries!

The kids and I went strawberry picking yesterday and picked 12 pounds of strawberries.  That might sound like a lot, but it really isn't.  I made a double batch of strawberry freezer jam (10 cups), put some in the freezer, made strawberry oven pancakes for dinner (my favorite!), and have a bunch leftover for more strawberry goodness.  Thinking about making some strawberry ice cream, and maybe freeze some more.

We didn't pick any strawberries last year because we picked so many the year before.  In fact we're just now finishing up the last bit of freezer jam from that batch!  This year Grace was actually a helper and managed to get more then one or two in the box instead of in her mouth.  Ethan took over the taste testing position and left Grace and I to the real work.

I'm excited that the berry farm we found also grows raspberries and marionberries...we'll be back!

0 comments: