Saturday, June 6, 2009

Grace's First Official Dance Recital

G
Today was a very busy day for our family. We started off the morning by going to Grace's 8am Ballet Recital Dress Rehearsal. Then at 11am we met Alysun for some family photos which turned out gorgeous! You can check them out on her blog. It's so nice to get nice family photos done since I'm usually behind the camera and we rarely get photos of the four of us. I'll be doing maternity and family photos for Alysun this fall which is a great trade! After photos (which went really quick!) we headed home for lunch and to put Ethan down for his nap. Mom, Grace, and I walked to a first birthday party. We headed back in time to get ready for Grace's 3pm recital. David and Brian were totally stoked to spend an hour watching little girls (and a couple brave boys!) dance. Wait, maybe I'm imagining that part. At any rate, the recital was a success and Grace had her moment in the sun.

Grace dances to her own tune. She follows the dance moves loosely but mostly preferred to twirl and dance her own very energetic jig. I think she'd do better in the hip hop class, or anything else that requires a lot of energy and movement. I'm not so sure she's cut out for more sedate dancing like ballet. She didn't like her costume because it was a little small and tight on her. She kept saying it was "spicy" which I think she said because it was tight. I brought a dress for her to change in to when it was over and she was very happy to take it off. She loves the necklace though. That she left on! She's also outgrown her ballet shoes and it's a good thing we only have to squeeze them on her feet for one more class session this Tuesday.

Here's some pictures. I took a few before we left and tried to get some during but didn't have good luck. The lighting was terrible and Grace is a whirwind of twirling. Not a good combo for me since I don't use flash. You'll just have to trust me that it was pretty funny to watch!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ethan and Grace look so cute. They look so much older. Ethan is getting some good teeth. Grace looks really pretty in that dress.
Love, Randi

Own Self said...

Oh my goodness. She looks so darn grownup! And so stinkin' cute. She is gonna cherish these pictures when she's older.