Monday, June 1, 2009

No Schedule? No Clue!

Today is the first official day of summer for the kids and I and we celebrated by going to the City Park to meet up with the bunch of moms and kids that also decided to play in the park this morning. Of course now that our activities are done that means we have no real schedule and it will take us a little bit to find our groove. You moms know what I'm talking about. When you find your groove the days go by smoothly because everybody knows what to expect when.

One of the best parts about our summer schedule is that I'm not committed to it. I have no "absolutely have to be at X by Y time" activities which makes life a little more stress-free. I don't have to rush the kids through breakfast and getting dressed in order to be somewhere and it's nice. I am thinking about signing Grace up for a round of swim lessons but only for the first half of the summer and definitely not anytime near dinner. I learned my lesson on that the last round of swim lessons last spring!

While our weekdays are looking pretty wide open and care free our weekends are another story. I'm not sure we have any open weekends from now until September, or at least it feels that way. Here's our list of weekend activities by month:

June
  • Grace's Ballet Recital
  • Family Photos
  • Sisters Rodeo in Sisters, OR
  • Hopefully buying barkdust
July
  • 4th of July parade/bbq/fireworks/outdoor movie
  • UFC Fight Night at our house (the kids and I will not be around for that one)
  • Snake River Stampede Rodeo in Nampa, ID (we'll be there for a week)
  • Kellie's 10th High School Reunion
  • Four birthdays: Brian, Kellie, David, and Grace
August
  • First Car Camping Trip as a family with James & Jessi
  • Shakespeare Festival Trip with James & Jessi (no kids!)
  • Our Anniversary
I told you our weekends looked busy. In fact by the time September rolls around I'll probably be jumping with joy as the prospect of quiet weekends and regularly scheduled days. Actually now that I've listed out just how busy our summer already is I'm already looking forward to September!

How about the rest of you. Do your summers leave you free as a bird or scheduled to death?

2 comments:

Sarah's Smile said...

My schedule ends tomorrow. I have a very regimented one...it even has bells! :) So Wednesday will be a day of bliss and chaos! I can't sleep in though, my crazy internal clock!

Aly sun said...

Bring on the summer. My days follow a predictable pattern in the summer, but the good news is the days fly by when we can play outside more. And more play equals early bedtime!