Thursday, August 14, 2008

Blackberry Morning



I love blackberry cobbler. It might be the most perfect late summer dessert, second only to pie of course! This morning the kids and I were lucky enough to pick blackberries at a friend's place and had a good time. Grace loves to pick berries so was excited to be given free reign to pick all she wanted. She got less purple this year then last year! As luck would have it I was just at Costco yesterday and the box they gave me to put my purchases in was a berry box. Perfect for picking berries since it was good sized and shallow. As soon as we got home I washed our berries and made a cobbler with half our berries. The other half I washed and put in the freezer to enjoy later this fall. Or maybe next week. You know I really like blackberry cobbler so I might not be able to wait until fall to eat another one.

Picking berries with a big group of "helpers"


Grace ate her fair share of berries


Our berry stash


The end result of our hard work

1 comments:

Aly sun said...

I know it is a lot of work, but there will be a lot more berries next week. You are welcome to come out again and again.

The cobbler looks perfect. It is the best hot over ice cream. Delicious!