Monday, August 18, 2008

Wedding Weekend

As David posted previously, we had a good time celebrating Pat and Katie's wedding this past weekend. Friday night I got to have a girls night for Katie's bachelorette party which was pretty fun. I think watching Father of the Bride is mandatory right before any wedding! Saturday we went to the wedding rehearsal and Grace met the ring bearer and they held hands walking down the aisle. After the short rehearsal we shared a yummy mexican food meal and got to meet more of Pat and Katie's family. We enjoyed talking to Katie's Dad and hearing all about how he caught their garage on fire. Quite the story! My parents came down Saturday to help us with the kids which was really helpful. It was nice not to have to bring them to the rehearsal dinner and to not have to worry about them before/during/after the wedding. My parents stayed in our guest room and Pat sacked out on our couch. Somehow or another we all made it to the Gentle House in Monmouth by 11am to get dressed for the wedding. My Mom curled Grace's hair and it looked absolutely adorable! I haven't had a haircut since last spring so mine was kind of so so. I tried. We did wedding photos and then had a lot of down time before the wedding which was when I really appreciated having my parents watch the kids. I nursed Ethan when he needed to nurse (thank goodness the bridesmaid dresses were easy to nurse in!) and handed him back to my Mom to avoid getting baby puke or drool on my dress. Grace had one accident before the wedding and another one during the reception, but managed to not ruin her dress so that was good. She also walked down the aisle holding hands with the cute little ring bearer with only a few nudges when they got off course. Once she was down the aisle she sat with Grandma while Grandpa strolled Ethan in the stroller in circles in the back of the lawn. My Dad managed to make sure Ethan got two naps that day which was awesome!

The wedding was short and sweet. I love to watch the groom's face when the he first sees the bride and Pat's face was no exception. I loved the wording of the vows they exchanged, and the music was great! My shoes were super uncomfortable so I took them off as soon as I could after the group photos. Then we enjoyed some good food and toasted the newlyweds with great cheer. By the time we got home we were all pretty wiped, Grace took a long nap and we all went to bed early. I hope Pat and Katie are enjoying their honeymoon at the beach, I kind of wish I could go on another honeymoon. That precious time away from everyone and everything and concentrating just on each other is so rare. At least it is these days, so maybe I'm looking at it from a different perspective. One that is 7 years and 2 kids down the road!

Katie eating a hamburger and fries in her wedding dress


Katie helping her Dad clean himself up


The Matron of Honor and myself


Katie waiting out the last few minutes before the wedding

0 comments: