Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Gracie Grew!

Grace had her 3 year pediatrician appointment yesterday and I'm happy to report that she grew...or at least stayed on her 10th percentile curve in both height and weight! This was the first visit that they checked her height while she stood up...such a milestone!

Here are her stats:
26lbs 4oz
35.25"
24cm Head Circumference (I think? Can't remember for sure) 3rd percentile but still on the curve!

Dr. Farah was happy with her development and told Grace how proud she was that used the potty, just like I told Grace she would be. I love Dr. Farah! She was impressed with Grace's language skills (she's a chatter box now and last year wasn't even putting two words together) and pleased that Grace is staying on her growth curve. We talked a bit about Grace's diet and she told me we can go ahead and keep Grace on whole milk which I was happy about. I was worried I would soon be buying three types of milk soon...whole for Ethan, 2% for Grace, and skim for David and me! As long as we don't notice Grace bulking up (ha!) she said it was fine. I'm also keeping her on the regular yogurt/cheese/etc. instead of the low fat versions that the rest of us eat. The other big discussion was that Dr. Farah noticed a benign heart murmur when she listened to Grace's heart while she was laying down but not when she was standing. I guess it's common in kids and may go away or may not. She said it wasn't a big deal but it's still not something a Mom wants to hear!

So all in all the big changes between her 2 year visit and yesterday were:

She gained 4lbs 4oz
She grew 1.75"
Her head size hasn't changed
She can put 2 words together (actually she has some long sentences these days!)
She potty trained

0 comments: