Saturday, August 9, 2008

Food Fun

This self feeding business is a lot of hard work and takes a lot of patience, fortitude, and endurance. Ethan has been grabbing for the spoon for awhile now and loves to eat finger foods so I've handed him the spoon a few times to let him practice. The sooner he learns how to self feed the sooner I'll be able to eat my Honey Nut Cheerios in peace without him squawking at me every 30 seconds as he eats the half jar of Puffs I dump on the high chair tray. That kid can eat!









Here he is feeding himself some yogurt for breakfast yesterday morning. He quite enjoyed himself and got very messy in the process!


This spoon business is rather hard to figure out.


I think I'll just dip my fingers in the bowl instead.


Yeah that's better. Much easier then this foreign spoon thing.


Yeah that's the ticket. Why limit myself to a finger if I can use my whole fist to get the food in?


This is pretty fun! I don't know why Mommy doesn't let me feed myself ALL the time!


Have I mentioned how much fun this is? And tasty?


The yogurt is gone but the spoon tastes good as an after meal dessert.

While I was snapping the pictures Grace decided to get in on the action and snap some pictures of Ethan with her Fisher Price camera.



Here's my budding photographer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love love this pic! Yes, a future artist could be in the mix.

Aly sun said...

You are so brave. I should really try that with my 10 month old. I've been thinking about it, but now that I saw your pictures, I am not so sure. My child can live forever on Gerber Puffs, right?

jackie goddard said...

Those pictures are adorable. Grace wants to be like Mommy with her camera!

Happy Anniversary David and Kellie!