Thursday, March 12, 2009

2013

David and I met with our financial adviser Tuesday night for our yearly meeting to see how things are going. Since David and I are still both young the current economic climate isn't as scary as it is for our parents who are much closer to retirement. In fact, we're not looking too bad at all. It was nice to get an affirmation that we are doing the right things at the moment and that we're heading down the path of eventual retirement. Preferably earlier rather then later! I plan to go back to work once Ethan is in school full time which took us awhile to calculate...happens to be 2013. It sounds so far away but I know that time goes on fast forward with small kids, even though a single day seems to last forever. It got me thinking about what kind of job I want to have at that time. I've had enough of crappy "pay the rent" kind of jobs which I've worked out of necessity. I want to work a job that is challenging but not stressful. One that plays up my strengths, and one that might even let me use my creativity. I'm not quite sure what that job might be yet but I'm thinking about it. I'd love to own my own business some day but I'm not quite sure how that would work. One thing I would love to do is find a way to get paid for photography, but that's still a long ways off if ever. Who knows, maybe by 2013 I will be good enough. A girl can dream!

3 comments:

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

No doubt you will be good enough. You should definitely look into it!! Check out this post:http://thedailydigi.com/mom-with-a-camera-to-pro/ and there is another one about her here:http://thedailydigi.com/category/etc/

Andrea said...

you're good enough! Heck, people say I should charge and I say no way... not good enough. Other people aren't as critical as we are on ourselves. Your pictures are great :)

Aly sun said...

The very first rule of starting out in any business venture where you are selling your own products (photography included). You need to believe in yourself. I have to remind myself of that ALL the time, daily actually when I see other photographers who are better than me or have nicer equipment. It takes time, but you have that now. Start taking pictures for free for friends and build your skills and your confidence. It's amazing what a few compliments from friends can do for you!