Saturday, March 21, 2009

My body has lost the ability to sleep in

I'm typing this blog post from the comfort of a warm bed far, far away from home where no small children have a chance of waking me. And what happens? I can't sleep past 7am! It's really ridiculous.

We had a fantastic time yesterday attending our friend Deb's wedding. She got married in a cute bed and breakfast outside of Mt. Rainier and several of David's grad school friends were also in attendance so it's been fun catching up with them and hanging out with pre-children friends. Plus we love Deb and wholeheartedly wish her and her new husband Robbie all the happiness in the world. We ate good and danced hard before going to bed late which is why I'm so annoyed my body won't cooperate to sleep in. I guess that's ok since we're meeting everyone downstairs for breakfast at 9am anyways, but I'd still rather stay asleep until the alarm goes off at 8am!

By the way, this is our first time away from Ethan which means the last time we got away was in August of 2007 when we went to the Shakespeare Festival and left Grace with my parents. I was big and pregnant with him at the time and it was our last weekend away before baby. Now that we will no longer have nursing babies we aren't so hindered and my Mom has no problem spending the night with the kids which means we might do this more often. What a thought!

We're not sure of our plans tonight. Mom offered to let us stay at her house (she's at our place with the kids...it's easier) in Portland which we might do. We got a hot tip that you can get your name in a lottery for unsold Wicked tickets and if you get them they're $25 apiece and whatever seats didn't sell...which could be front row! We're highly tempted to put our names in the lottery tonight and see what happens. It's a Saturday night so I'm not sure we'd have good odds but it sure would be awesome!

1 comments:

Aly sun said...

I had the same problem last time I was always without my kids. I generally blame the little ones for waking me, but what excuse do I have when I wake up on my own at 6:30am? I agree. So annoying.