Monday, March 2, 2009

Sick Baby


Is there anything sadder then a sick baby? I didn't think so. My poor little guy has been sick since Thursday night when he puked up grapes on the kitchen floor right before dinner. Too graphic for you? Just be glad you weren't there for the six additional pukings that evening. Friday he was acting fairly normal, just wasn't interested in eating or drinking much. Saturday he slept in until 11:30am. Obviously there was a point that we got concerned and cracked the door open to be sure he was in fact breathing and just sleeping. He's also been taking super long naps and going to bed early. Sunday morning we were considering bringing him to church since he hadn't thrown up in a few days but he fell asleep on the living room floor next to David and we moved him to his crib and decided it was best for him to stay home. Grace and I went to church while David stayed home with Ethan. Ethan didn't eat much yesterday but did have some yogurt and milk that David gave him for breakfast which turned out to be a mistake. He threw that up on me Sunday evening. I have no idea why he always seems to be on or next to me when he throws up but I have to say that next time it's Daddy's turn. Of course David about threw up himself when he got me a rag to clean the puke off my pants so I'm sure if David was the puked on parent I'd be cleaning up two messes. There's something about being a Mom that makes cleaning up disgusting messes not that big of a deal. I've cleaned up lots of puke and diarrhea messes lately (Ethan changed clothes 4 times yesterday) and it doesn't really phase me anymore.

Oh, and a tip for those who are curious about the best way to get puke smell out of couches, car seat straps, and just about anything else that won't fit in a washing machine: carpet spray that is meant to take away pet smells. Also works great if you're potty training child can't/won't make it to the potty in time.

1 comments:

Aly sun said...

That is terrible. A sleepy lethargic baby feels so sweet in your arms, until they puke on you. You are right though, the messes don't really phase a mom. I'm not saying I get excited about the prospect, but I also know I handle it much better than the man in our house.