Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Little Green Rubber Boots


I have no idea why people think boys aren't as much to buy clothes for as girls are. Maybe I'm nuts but I think Ethan is just as much fun to dress as Grace, maybe even more fun since he wears what I put on him with no complaints while Grace has very firm ideas on what she wants to wear on a given day. And it usually involves the colors pink or purple and a dress. Ethan on the other hand could care less at the moment. I'm sure that will change at some point but for now I'm having fun! He's just starting to grow into 12-18 month sized clothes (been wearing 18 month sized shirts for a while now and just getting into the pants for the length) so we're pulling out new outfits which is always fun. Today he's wearing his tractor outfit for the first time and I think it may be my new favorite! He looks fantastic in bright blue and green and the green rubber boots are precious. I don't know what it is about baby shoes but I can't get enough of them. They're so cute and tiny!

I've also been buying lots of overalls for him since they solve our pants issue (pants that fit his waist are way too short and pants that fit lengthwise won't stay up!) and I know as soon as he potty trains he won't be wearing them much. They're so little boy cute! I didn't put Grace in overalls or rompers near enough, I love them but they don't wear them for long. Ethan is also growing into size 4 shoes (yes he's small!) so I pulled all his size 3 shoes out of the closet. I'm sad he outgrew his trusty brown Pedipeds because he wore them a ton and I haven't found a cheap replacement brown pair yet. Have you looked at the baby boy shoe selection at Target and Walmart lately? Pretty sad. The girls have lots of cute options with a rainbow of colors. Boys get 3 selections, two of which are stiff tennis shoes and the third is navy blue sandals which we already own. I have such luck at Target for Grace's shoes but I think I'll have to hunt around a little more to find affordable shoes for Ethan. Any experienced boy moms out there that have suggestions for me can feel free to let me know where the good baby boy shoe selection is!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Check amazon! I went there just before our cruise to look for sandals since I WAY under estimated Laura's foot size when I was buying sandals in teh summer hoping they'd fit her in the middle of winter... I ended up getting $60 sandals for like $14 each! I'm sure they'll have some deals if you hunt around! I love Umi brand and Buster Browns... There are tons of nice shoes there though...and I'm sure they have nice boy shoes too :)

Own Self said...

Seriously? Did you steal this outfit from my box of boy clothes? Spencer had the exact same outfit when he was that age! I have pictures! And he even had the tractor socks! I got all nostalgic... ;) Went back and looked at photos. He was 18 months old!