Saturday, March 7, 2009

A girl and her cat


I've always loved kitties. I got my first cat after lots of pleading and begging when I was 8 years old. She was completely white with pink paws and one blue eye and one that was half blue and half green. I named her Angel and it was a perfect name for her, she really was a good cat! The cats I had growing up were mostly outdoor cats and since we lived near a busy road they didn't seem to last very long. I had Angel, Precious, Suzy, Tig, and Coconut from the time I was 8 until I moved out at 18. Angel and Precious were both pretty sweet cats, Suzy was a hellion cat who liked to put holes in the laundry. I don't think anyone was super sad when she disappeared! Tig was the only male cat I've ever owned and was not fixed. He was one tough cookie and didn't allow very many people to pet him but I could do pretty much anything I wanted to and he wouldn't fuss. I even put him in a tutu once! Coconut was an odd cat and I don't think everything was quite right with her. She refused to leave the garage which I'm pretty sure was because she didn't have very good eyesight.

Our current kitty is Boo whom you met last spring when I introduced the Parry Family. She's quite the cat. For one thing, she's the only stray cat I've ever had and for another she's just so darn tolerant! She takes daily abuse from the kids and doesn't bat a paw. She might growl a little to complain when she's had enough, but for the most part she doesn't let on to how annoyed she is when Ethan pulls out a chunk of fur or Grace tries to ride her like a horsie. She's just that awesome. Lately Grace has taken a renewed interest in Boo, especially now that she's big enough to pick up the unfortunate cat and try to lug her around. She's also fond of giving her bear hugs. Boo is a pretty good sport about it all and I'm trying to teach both kids to be gentle with her and not so rough. Until then I'm very glad that Boo is so tolerant of extreme bear hugs!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo rocks. That is all. Just had to put it out there.



p.s Angel was a pretty cool cat. Was not a fan of the rest other than Tig because he was so mean and he always left us gifts on the door step. What a kind hearted mean cat he was.