Monday, September 14, 2009

Coupon Crazy

Last week I discovered that I can print coupons off the internet after a looooong hiatus and now you can accurately call me the Crazy Coupon Lady. About a year ago I started getting into coupons and then David downloaded the Windows 7 beta and none of the coupon programs would work. Frustrated me beyond belief so I gave up. Last week I read Kelleigh's blog post about coupons and thought I'd give it another try...and guess what? The newest version of the Windows 7 beta that David downloaded last month now supports the coupon program and I can print! Good thing my husband works for an ink company because I'm keeping them in business with all the coupons I've printed out :) Right now it's a lot of fun but I'm hoping I can eventually settle into a system so that it doesn't consume all of my free time like it does now. I'm sure that at some point I won't find it as fun to spend 6 hours a week figuring out how to save $.50 off toilet paper but for now I'm enjoying it.

Now that Grace is starting preschool (she's currently at her first class...will blog about that tonight!) I am able to go shopping for 2.5 hours by myself which is going to make this process much easier. I think it would be easy to go crazy and run around to 10 different stores to get the best possible deals at each one of them, but since I live in a small town with only one grocery store I'm going to have to scale my ambitions down a bit. I think it will be easier if I focus only on 2-4 stores to shop at a week so I think I'm going to focus on Safeway and Rite Aid as they're in Dallas, and I think Walgreens and Fred Meyers in Salem. Of course there's also Target and Albertsons which I might visit periodically when they have an especially good sale going on. Like this week at Albertsons where they are taking double coupons for the coupon amount, NOT just up to $.50 like Safeway. Kind of excited about that one!

Today I hit up Rite Aid and Safeway and here's my deals:

Rite Aid

1 canister of Wet Ones $1.99
use $1 off 1 coupon from here
$1 Single Check Rebate
Final Price: FREE


Airwick Ultra Freshmatic Kit $6.49
use $6 off 1 coupon from 9/13 paper
Final Price: $.49 (I bought two because I had two coupons)

Suave Body Wash $1.99
$.50 off coupon from 9/13 paper
$1 Single Check Rebate
Final Price: $.49 (I bought two because I had two coupons)

Johnson & Johnsons Baby Products $2.99 apiece
$1 coupons from 8/13 paper and here
$5 rebate off 3, $10 rebate off 5, $15 rebate off 10
Final Price: FREE (I bought 5 because they didn't have enough product for me to get to 10, will check back Friday when they get new stock)

Stayfree 16ct Pads $3.99 buy one get one free
$2 off 2 coupon
Final Price: $1.99 for two packages

I also used a $5 off $25 coupon from coupons.com which is good through this week. So I spent $18.39 out of pocket and will get $13 back in rebates. That means I got it all for $5.39! Rite Aid deals are good through next Sunday.

Safeway

Coffee Mate Creamer $1.99 with Safeway coupon
$1.50 off 2 coupon from here
Use a double coupon (only doubles up to $.50)
Final Price: 1.98 for two

Tyson Chicken Nuggets $3.99 with Safeway coupon

Grapes $.88 a pound

I also got bananas but they weren't on sale. Are they ever? Safeway deals/sales start on Wednesday so be sure to stock up on creamer and chicken nuggets before then!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Don't you just love coupons? I've been getting crazy good deals too. Plan on hitting up Rite Aid tomorrow for some of the J&J, Free after Q whitecloud TP and free after Q popcorn balls :)
Check out www.wickedcooldeals.com
She does an awesome job outline deals at rite aid, target, walgreens and a few other stores.

Cooking with Big E said...

I totally wanted the popcorn balls but the online coupons are all gone :( I'll be going back on Friday since they said that's when they'll get more in stock. Can't beat free Baby Shampoo!

Sarah's Smile said...

Good deals. We don't have a rite aid or safeway here! I get the newspapers from school and do all of my printing there too.

Sarah's Smile said...

Help me Kellie! How do I make it so I can print at work. What exactly did David do to make your program work???

Cooking with Big E said...

Sarah~ You have to download and install the coupons.com program before you can print most coupons. It automatically popped up with the message that I needed to install it when I tried to print. Good luck!