Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Walgreens Deals 9/28-10/3


This morning I carted both kids into Salem with me to run a few errands including Walgreens. Neither child was especially excited about shopping today and so I used the carousal as a bribe. The bribe worked because we got through Walgreens, Costco, and the bank without too many tears shed. All we got at Costco was string cheese because we've been out for over a week and it's a popular snack at our house. Costco is the cheapest place I've found to buy it, plus the package is large enough that we only have to buy more every 3-4 weeks.

Walgreens was my "big" shopping trip today, and was my third attempt at shopping their sales and I think I'm getting the hang of it. Walgreens has a Register Rewards program that prints out a coupon for $X off your next purchase when you buy certain items. From what I can tell, once you start the ball rolling on the Register Rewards (RR from here on out) you can use them each week and get a ton of stuff for free. That's the theory anyways.

Today tomorrow (9/30) there's a coupon for $5 off a $25 purchase that you can print HERE, but remember the $25 has to be the total after coupons and RR. It's possible to make money this week so it's a good week to start the RR ball rolling!

Here's what I bought:

1 Herbal Essences Shampoo $2.99
$1/1 coupon (8/23 or 9/13 Red Plum insert)
$2 RR
Total: FREE

1 Chapstick Fresh Effects .15oz $2.99
$3 RR
Total: FREE

1 Dentek Floss 55yd $2
$2 RR
Total: FREE

1 Gillette Fusion Razer $8.99
$4/1 coupon (9/27 P&G insert)
$6 RR
Total: $1.01 Money Maker

1 Vaseline Sheer Infusion Lotion $6.99
$7 RR
Total: FREE

1 Oral B Advantage 123 Toothbrush $2.99
$.75/1 (9/27 P&G insert)
$3 RR
Total: $.75 Money Maker

3 Theraflu $12
$2/1 Internet Printable (no longer available)
$2/1 Walgreens Season of Health Coupon Book (find it on the pharmacy counter, takes $2 off each one!)
$8 RR (make sure you buy 3 to get the $8 RR, if you buy 2 you only get $4 RR)
Total: $4 Money Maker

2 Walgreens Brand Children's Ibuprofin $9.98
$4.99 Buy One Get One Free
Total: $4.99

For some reason the $5 off $25 coupon I had didn't want to work and after 5 minutes of the cashier stalling she finally rerung the Gilette razer taking off $5 which I think screwed up my $6 RR I should have got. Since I still made money on the transaction I didn't say anything. My total out of pocket after the coupons and a $5 RR I had from last week was $20.20. I got $31 in RR back to use before 10/13. So basically I got everything for free and made $10.80 for shopping this morning.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

There is a $1.50 printable coupon for the lotion...
http://www.wickedcooldeals.com/2009/09/cvs-deals-september-27-october-3.html
That post has the details if any of your other readers are interested :)

Sarah's Smile said...

I am stocking up on shampoo. I have 6 coupons and the deal is rolling RRs! I'm STOCKED after this deal for at least a year!