Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'm headed to Nashville!

Tonight I'm headed to Nashville with two other Moms to go to the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) convention. I'm pretty excited but nervous about the travel to get there. We're leaving PDX at 10pm and get to Atlanta at 5am. Then we have a layover until 8:30am. We arrive in Nashville at 8:30am. I wish they were beaming us (like Star Trek...surely you all know when I'm talking about!) but I'm pretty sure all the times listed are local times and we'll be going through several time zones. From what I can tell that means our layover will be between 2 and 5:30am our time. Fun stuff!

The conference is at the Gaylrd Opryland Hotel (I'm not making that name up) and from the looks of it the hotel could be a city unto itself. It encompasses 35 acres! The seminars I'm signed up for are: Mothers of School Aged Kids (holy cow that's me next year!), Speaking Your Man's Language, Hospitality Position, Engage: Others, The Adventure of Hearing God's Voice, and Making Work at Home Work (hoping that will be useful as my photography work increases).

I'm pretty excited! I'll most likely be on Twitter a fair amount. My Twitter updates my Facebook status automatically but if you're on Twitter and would like to follow me my username is daisysue62.

1 comments:

Aly sun said...

That flight schedule is really a killer. There just isn't an easy way to get to Nashville from PDX. When I went, I had an 8 month old along, so at least you don't have to worry about any little kids AND ridiculous flights.

The seminars you are attending sound really great. I know you'll have a good time. I'm feelin' mighty jealous.