Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Home from Nashville

My trip to Nashville last week was fantastic, the MOPS convention was a lot of fun and the speakers were all really good. There were four general sessions that I really enjoyed in addition to five break out sessions I went to. I talked about what sessions I was signed up for in my last Nashville post, but my favorite two were The Adventures of Hearing God's Voice and Speaking Your Man's Language. I also really enjoyed listening to Ken Davis' comedy routine. He spoke at one of the General Sessions and again as one of the late night entertainment options. My throat and sides ached from laughing so hard after listening to him!

One of the best parts about going to the MOPS convention was going with two other moms from our MOPS Steering Team, Odessa and Tera. I knew Odessa some before the trip but didn't know Tera as well. After four days and countless hours traveling together I've gotten to know the two of them pretty well. They're pretty neat women and I'm glad I had the chance to really talk with them about life. It's too bad I don't get that opportunity with all the moms I'd like to get to know at MOPS!

The hotel was humongous. See how big this atrium is? There's at least two more of them just as large! There was even a river through this particular atrium with fish in it. The whole thing is a climate controlled 72 degrees which was just weird.

We didn't really leave the hotel much but had a few hours on Sunday afternoon to check out the Grand Ole Opry and mall right next to the mega hotel we stayed at. Here I am in front of the Grand Ole Opry:

Here's the reason I came back home. If you can't read the note that David left me on the bathroom mirror it says "Kellie, I love you with all my heart, brain, and soul. You are my treasure and jewel. David"

It was nice to see the kids as well. I got home a little after midnight Sunday evening and Grace woke me up at 6:30am Monday morning. I was definitely back to my real life!

1 comments:

Aly sun said...

I've been those places! And I ate at a little Italian restaurant in the atrium with the river. It was great that you had the opportunity to go, learn, deepen friendships, and get pumped about the MOPS program.