Friday, September 18, 2009

More Safeway Deals

The alternate title for this post would be "Oh no, this is going to be trouble" which is kind of how my husband feels about the whole couponing thing thus far. I don't think he's seeing how cool this is! Thus far my grocery budget is the same if not slightly higher as I work on stocking up on the things we use a lot. Hopefully within a month or two I'll get to the point where I have a good supply of things we go through constantly (hello cold cereal and mac n cheese!). Then I'll be spending less because I won't have to pay full price for things.

I know most of you have heard about the super good cereal and snack sale at Safeway this week but there's some other good deals there this week as well. Here's some I took advantage of today:

Oscar Mayer Hot Dogs $.99 (max. 4) This price is only good Friday-Sunday.
I had a $1 off one package internet coupon and a $1 off 2 packages internet coupon.
Total: $.97 for 3 packages or $.32 a package

Safeway Artisan French Bread $1.59
$1 off 1 Artisan Bread coupon can be found here
Total: $.59

Campbells Chicken Noodle or Tomato Soup 2 for $1
(2) $.40 off 2 cans from last Sunday's newspaper
Used 2 doublers
Total: $.40 or $.10 a can

Prego $1.67
If you buy 5 Campbells items (Prego and Pepperidge Farms goodies also count) you earn 100 extra Box Tops for Education!

And of course I had to do another Nature Valley deal. This time I only got 4 packages of the Nut Clusers. No free Capri Sun but I made money on the deal!

Nature Valley Nut Clusters $10 for 4 boxes
$3.20 in eCoupons from Cellfire and Shortcuts
1 $1 off 1 and 1 $1.60 off 1 internet coupon
(2) $1 off 1 coupons from the newspaper
2 doublers
$4 off 4 promotion
Total: I made $2.60

Alright, I'm done grocery shopping for the week. Excited to see what next week brings, hoping for a Mac n Cheese sale soon!

2 comments:

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Wahoo! Great deals! I'm really hoping for a Kix cereal or a closer-to-town Special K promotion. Maybe some cans of spaghetti sauce, too! Funny how you start to think about what you would really like to see!

Lindsay said...

I've been getting into it, too! I went back to safeway and got two more cereal deals and the nature Valley stuff, plus campbells soup and a pack of hotdog for just over $3. I was so pumped!! I'ts the simple things... :)