Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!



We had a fantastic weekend at the Sisters Rodeo and both David and I were lucky enough to spend Father's Day morning with both of our fathers, a real treat for both of us! I'll share more rodeo pictures later, we downloaded 245 from the camera tonight and I just don't have the time or patience to go through them all tonight so I'll leave you with just a taste, that way you'll come back for more!



This is my dad enjoying the rodeo yesterday afternoon. He's the magic worker that put the hoo doo on Gracie and got her to sleep for 30 minutes during the rodeo which pretty much makes him my hero. We spent some time behind the bleachers in the tiny bit of shade to cool Gracie down when she got too hot. I shared a grape/lime snow cone with her which she very much liked. I asked her how it tasted and she looked up at me with a huge grin and said "It tastes like candy!" which I think means it tasted very very good. Dad is super patient with Grace and is always willing to go along with her on whatever adventure she wants to embark upon which puts him pretty high up in her book. Mine too.



This is my father in law who is also a terrific guy. He had a pretty big hand in shaping my husband to be the fine upstanding man he is and for that I owe him big time! David really looks up to his Dad and I can't help but appreciate his valuable advice. He's a very caring individual and I always enjoy spending time with him. I appreciate his willingness to discuss personal matters over the phone with Grace. I'm sure he really enjoyed his speaker phone conversation with Grace about how he sits on the potty, we owe you big time for that one!



And finally there's my husband, the man who is walking alongside me in this parenting adventure we embarked upon almost three years ago. He has learned the art of drinking tea at princess tea parties and will willingly wear silk capes and jewelry that Grace puts on him. He happily takes phone calls at work from Grace telling him about her latest potty success and has been a good sport about such things like pulling out a nursing pad from his shirt at work. Thank you so much for all the ways you provide for our family and meet our needs. We love you!



2 comments:

Aly sun said...

Great pictures. How cool that you got to hang out with all the dads in your life. You take really good pictures and it looks like you had nice weather too.

Lindsay said...

Hi Kellie,

I just found your CUTE blog thru Alysun's. I loved reading all about your family....and congrats on the potty training sucess. I am so ready for Anna to be there!

I'm sure I'll see you sometime this summer at park activites and whatnot. :)