Thursday, June 12, 2008

Where did my baby go?



I brought the kids in for a hair cut this morning and as our hair dresser worked her magic my baby boy turned from hairy munchkin to little boy in about 15 minutes. I don't think I'm ready for this. Of course he's adorable but he looks more like a boy then a baby! Did he have to get so big so soon?

And this morning he discovered he can crawl from one room to another. He was playing happily in his room this morning when Grace wanted her breakfast so we went into the kitchen so I could get her all set up with her bowl of cereal. Along came Ethan chugging down the hallway, stopping as soon as he reached the kitchen with a huge grin on his face!

His satisfaction with crawling has been short lived. Now that he can crawl all he wants to do is crawl over to something to pull up on it (usually me and my legs) so he can stand. He's not going to be satisfied until he's running just as fast, if not faster, then Grace!

After the kids' haircuts we stopped by the park to celebrate the sun's decision to appear after such a long break. Both the toddler swings were open and Grace *really* wanted to swing so I plopped both kids in and they had a grand time for about 15 minutes. Grace kept exclaiming that she was swinging into the trees and was having a blast. Ethan didn't have a lot of facial expressions but every time his swing started to slow down he started trying to pump his legs and move his body to make it go faster...where'd he figure that out from?!?

2 comments:

Natalie Whisler said...

Oh. He really really does look like a little boy. Babyhood just zooms by so quickly.

Miranda said...

he is so cute!!

K is looking at the photo of your little boy and goes "I wanna play with the little boy! He's sad!" I told him he wasn't and K goes "Oh! Baby happy! I play with happy baby!" Too bad he doesn't understand distances :)