Monday, June 2, 2008

We have to quit looking at Craigslist



We've been enjoying Craigslist just a little too much lately. Last week I scored an awesome wooden doll house and accessories for Grace's birthday for a super deal and yesterday David got himself a bike trailer to haul the kids around. Saturday afternoon he took his bicycle to the shop for repair and while he was there looked at the bike trailers and decided he wanted one. As we all know that means he was destined to own one within about 48 hours. So on to Craiglist he went and found the brand he wanted for a really good price down in Corvallis. Somehow or another he managed to get all of us down to Corvallis Sunday morning by 9am (!!!) and 30 minutes later we became the proud owners of a Burley d'lite bike trailer with stroller attachment.


After an afternoon spent in Salem shopping at Costco, Lowe's, Old Navy, and lunch with the Jones' we headed home Sunday afternoon with sleeping kids in tow. David was chomping at the bit to try out his new toy but since his bicycle is in the shop (and will be until Thursday) and the tires on my bicycle were flatter then flat he decided to try out the stroller function of the bike trailer. So he loaded the now awake children in the trailer, tucked a blanket in to help keep them warm, and we headed off for a walk to Safeway. It was actually a good thing we tried out the stroller function since we discovered that it's pretty awesome and will come in really handy for outdoor events like going to the fair. On the way home he let me push the stroller for about 20 seconds before he took it back. The whole time he kept saying "I'm really glad we got this!" and "I really like it!" which I think means he can no longer give me grief regarding the much cheaper baby carriers I've bought.

So now all we need to do is buy David and Grace bike helmets (Grace wants to have matching pink princess helmets...we'll see if David is up for that one!) and they're set to roam Dallas. Ethan will wait to join the fun until next year. He can ride in the stroller though!

Oh.....and I emailed a guy on Craigslist this morning about a dresser. But we actually do need one for the kids' room. Three potential Craigslist purchases in less then a week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll believe it when I see it parked in front of the Peacock for breakfast this Friday!

Natalie Whisler said...

I would love to see a picture of Grace and David in matching princess helmets.

I like the double stroller feature of the bike trailer. I'm sure it will come in handy this summer.

Jenn said...

I'm with Natalie. Bring on the pictures of David in the pink helmet!

Seriously though, good find. Looks like it will be really useful, especially this summer. :)