Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Teething just plain stinks but baby deer are cute!



So Ethan's bottom front two teeth have decided it's time to try and pop through his tender gums which means my normally happy baby has turned into a Teething Monster. He cries a lot, he drools more then normal (I didn't know that was possible!), and he seems to think the only cure is to nurse and nurse often. I don't mind being his sole source of comfort up to a point, but eventually my body has had enough and if I know he's not hungry he's going to have to live without it. This afternoon was one of those times and it resulted in almost two hours of Ethan screaming at me. I was about ready to throw him out the window and instead just put him down on the living room floor (Grace was actually napping in her room and he doesn't exactly stay put on our bedroom floor). He eventually fell asleep on the floor and as I write this is snoozing nose first into the carpet. Yeah I feel a little guilty about it but on the other hand I have my limits!





Oh, and as a lovely surprise I found these pictures of deer in the backyard when I downloaded the Ethan sleeping pictures from the camera. See my dilemma? I want to yell at the deer to quit eating my flowers but then they go and bring their twin spotted fawns and I just lose heart. The baby deer are welcome to eat all the scraggly azaleas they want :)



Oh no.....the Teething Monster woke up!

0 comments: