Tuesday, June 24, 2008

We're packed...I think

I cheated and took the kids for a short drive through town to get Grace to fall asleep in the car for her afternoon nap. While I was out I stopped by Dutch Brothers...might as well get some fuel for packing right?!? As planned Grace was snoozing by the time we got home but I wasn't so lucky to have both kids fall asleep. I wrapped Ethan on my back and got to work. I'm happy to say that Ethan got his nap (and when not napping was not crying) and I got all of our clothes packed. Accomplishment indeed.

I spent some time this morning trying on some of my nicer clothes to find something to wear Friday night for David's 10th High School Reunion cocktail get together. It was a nice surprise to realize that Weight Watchers is actually working and I can fit into pre-Grace clothes! Not only that, but I can fit into clothes that I wore when David and I first got married almost seven years ago. Now THAT is an accomplishment. Sure some of the dresses don't fit exactly the same as they did pre-kids, but the fact that I can get them on and have them not look too awful makes me happy. I still have no idea what I'm going to wear so I packed two outfits so I can decide later. David was no help in my decision and just said to wear a nice dress or skirt or something. Men are no help in the "how dressed up do I need to be without looking too dressed up" clothes trying on scenarios. It's easy for him to say that he'll wear a long sleeve button down and khakis but no tie since that covers a wide range of dressy events while I'm stuck wondering whether I should wear a dressy dress or go more casual with a skirt.

So now I've got all of our clothes/toiletries packed and a tote bag of books/toys/treats in the car ready to go. The plan is to have David pack the van while I'm at bible study tonight and then when I get home we'll load the kids in their pajamas and drive up to Portland for the night. David will "work from home" at my parent's house until around noon and then we'll make the long trip to Nampa, Idaho. Good thing nap time is in that time frame so I anticipate plenty of sleeping. Who knows, maybe I'll even get to join them!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

my 10 year reunion is this weekend too! Luckily ours is just a picnic in a park :)

Natalie Whisler said...

Ugh. Men are certainly not any help in the wardrobe department. Hope you have fun in Idaho!

Anonymous said...

congrats about all the pre-kids clothes! all that point counting is paying off!