Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bathroom Makeover

You've all been waiting for it with baited breath and now here it is...pictures of our bathroom makeover! Are you excited or are you excited?!? David hung the artwork and I broke out the sewing machine and the room is now finished. I really like how it turned out and am most happy about getting some color in there and getting rid of the ugly white wire shelf. The room looks so much larger without it and the green walls make the white tile backsplash pop. The entire remodel was under $100 including paint, framed artwork, new towels, new rug, and updated shower curtain. I bought some chocolate brown ribbon and thread and sewed it on our existing shower curtain (seven years old and I still like it!) to tie in the chocolate brown a little more and give it a little more ooomph. I think it works.

So on to the pictures which is what you all care about anyways. Sorry they're kind of dark but it's not easy to photograph a room in the middle of the house with no access to natural light.

First of let's revisit the before photo. Pretty boring and kind of awful.

Ooooh Aaaaaah so much nicer!

The newly spruced up shower curtain and new towels and rug. I love that the rug is reversible!

Looking down at the counter space. We still need to frame the huge mirror but that's a project for another time when David has the right tools. It's still on my To Do list along with painting the master bathroom and laundry room...

Here's a closeup of the new wall color next to the white tile backsplash. I love that you actually notice the tile now, before it blended in with the blah white walls.

And last of all here's a closeup of Grace's lovely watercolor she made for us. I love it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good work! Love the color choice and the curtain update!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I love the artwork and the updated curtain!

-Andrea (who is not logged in because I'm blog surfing at work!)

Aly sun said...

Very cute. I like what you did with the shower curtain. Very ingenuitive. I also like the art work. It makes it feel like a real lovely home and not just a good episode on HGTV.

Lindsay said...

I love Grace's framed artwork. She used such perfect colors for your new bathroom. It looks fantastic!

jackie goddard said...

very awesome! it turned out well. sam displays his grace watercolor very proudly! she's the parry family picasso